Monday, November 8, 2010

Tata's Story-Mother Health International Jacmel, Haiti


My father and mother died when I was 21 yrs old. I had only God in my life. I now have 6 daughters and because of this I work hard to give them an education. My husband work is seasonal because he is gardener, so my children depend more on me. I also take care of my 2 nieces, which gives me a total of 8 children. So that is me, I love my life! I love my children!

 Tata in the MHI kitchen.

I know I am a good cook and it is my pleasure to cook for the midwives and to clean the house, clean the kitchen. I am so happy to do this for the midwives. I pray that MHI will be able to stay here in Haiti and have a long life.

I have a good ear on the community in Jacmel and what I hear is that people are very happy with us. The clinic gives good care because of the way midwives work and spend time each woman in labor. They are gentle with the women and that is what they need. I am proud to work for MHI. Thank you for coming to Haiti. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tata for your wonderful work and nourishing so many women and their families - Sally-Anne Brown (Australia)